Yes, you should and here's why!
Hello and thank you for reading my blog.
Today I am going to tell you the reasons that I think you should have Social Media Business Accounts and why you should be actively using them.
The first reason to have them is that they help to broaden your reach. Millions of people are on these platforms and they are being used for more and more everyday. Facebook is used for searching for vendors and recommendations all the time. Why wouldn't you want to be reachable through these markets. They have no cost to join or create your account. You can post just about anything you want, whenever you want, from wherever you are as long as you have a smart phone.
Now let me get into the different uses for each of the Social Media Networks. Each of these networks serve a purpose depending on your business.
Facebook is great for sharing articles, web pages, videos/photos and also Live Feeds of what you are doing.
- Facebook doesn't set any limits on how long a video can be.
- Facebook doesn't limit link sharing and allows you to Post a Weblink directly to your timeline or a group. (Great for sharing listings)
- Facebook is FREE! You can post advertisements for your business here for FREE. You can also pay, but did I mention, Facebook is FREE!
Instagram is great for sharing photos, short videos and for promoting just about anything you can fit or explain in an image or short video.
- Instagram can share your post directly to your Facebook Page. (Great time saver)
- Instagram is simple and you can create a large following in a short amount of time. (#Hashtags are key)
- Instagram is FREE! You can post advertisements for your business here for FREE. You can also pay, but did I mention, Instagram is FREE!
Twitter is different from both of the above platforms. I don't use it often or much at all, but like the 2 above it is FREE.
- Twitter has a 140 character limit in it's posts so you have to keep them short and sweet.
- Twitter is very popular for News Channels.
- Twitter has much stricter guidelines to follow than Instagram and Facebook.
YouTube is Free and a great place for you to host videos.
- Use your channel for Tutorials.
- Use your channel to Vlog.
- Use your channel to share your work.
- YouTube is Free and is another great tool for marketing your business.
Do you see where I am going with this yet? Social Media is a great place for you to market your products, services and yourself for FREE! Get in front of people that would have never known you existed by posting regularly and sharing interesting content. Watch your following grow as you continue to be active. Check you analytics after a month of solid posting on any of these platforms.
What is Stopping you from furthering you business through social media?
If you need help getting started and getting set up, Reach out to me for help.